The Self Recordable Media technology
SRM discs are CD-R or DVD+-R which include pre-recorded autorun software that are performing various tasks such as transferring photos directly from a digital camera, backing up automatically your files, protecting and encrypting your files or backing up your emails directly from Outlook.
Recording CD or DVD for common tasks is now becoming truly Easy with SRM discs.
A part of the SRM disc contains a very small (1 Mo) and simple recording program that is put on the disc during the factory production. SRM based on CD are called CDSoft-R, those based on DVD are called DVDSoft-R. Both of them are similar to standard CD/DVD-R in terms of full compatibility with the installed base of CD players and recorders.
The recording process could not be made easier: when you insert a CDSoft-R or a DVD Soft-R in a recorder, an uncomplicated recording application dedicated to one need is popping up and is helping user to record his photos, music or data, to backup his emails or secure his sensitive files, in a few mouse clicks. No software installation is required.
The recording engine uses Fuzzy Logic technology and it is totally driver less, which means that no firmware upgrades will ever be needed!
Self Recordable Media technology is removing the hassles attached to the use of Mastering Software.
How a SRM disc works:
- As soon as introduced in a recorder, a Wizard based application pops up from the SRM on your screen without installation or questions.
- Those uncomplicated applications are not using more than 1Mb on the disc, which let at least 99% of recordable space free for recording.
- In not more than 3 clicks, user selects the files he wants to record or let the application doing it.
- The SRM self records user choices and let his PC clean.
- No Software installation.
- Let PC clean.
- No need to become a mastering expert to record on CD or on DVD.
- Faster way to record CD/DVD.
- No assistance needed.
- Record files directly from their location.
- Support multi session.
- Support Mutli Disc Technology
- Use a Fuzzy Logic burning engine: No update.
The Multi Disc Technology.
For those who are using CDSoft-R to record large volumes of information which exceed the disc capacity, Soft-R LLC invented a new and unique technology called Multi Disc.
With Multi Disc technology, the Soft-R applications will tell the user how many SRM discs he will need to hold his selection of files/folders, before he starts recording and will then use multiple SRM discs to record the user’s data.
After the recording is complete, each SRM disc recorded using the Mutli Disc technology are including a separate text file which contains the complete files/folders list as well as their location.
The Self Recordable Media and the Multi Disc technologies are patented by Soft-R Research LLC.